Proudly serving the communities of Philadelphia and Delaware County since 1870
Founded in 1870 by members of five Philadelphia families, Fernwood Cemetery & Mausoleum has continuously occupied almost 100 acres in Upper Darby Township ever since. We are the final resting place of hundreds of thousands of souls of all religious denominations, ethnicities and economic backgrounds. To this day, we remain privately family owned, led by our Board of Managers, which includes descendants from each of the founding partners.
Bordered by Baltimore Avenue to the south, Church Lane on our western edge and to the east by Cobbs Creek, our ties to the city of Philadelphia and Delaware County run deep. We are historically non-sectarian and we welcome the perpetual care of all faiths.
Fernwood Cemetery and Mausoleum is a place of beauty and dignity, where family and friends can visit loved ones with pride.
Several Church organizations have, over the years, purchased tracts of the property for the specific burial of their members. Individual burial lots remain plentiful and available, along with a variety of burial spaces and interment options. We conduct approximately 600 services each year and as such remain consistently active. Our Mausoleum chapel is available for committal ceremonies for those utilizing our Crypts, both indoor and outdoor.
Fernwood is the final resting place for many thousands of Veterans of all branches of the Armed Forces of the United States. Among those are at least 14 Medal of Honor winners and men and women who fought in every major conflict, dating as far back as the Civil War.